As seen in the Shooter's Bible Guide to AR-15s.The "Bomb-proof AR" Defender M5 by HM Defense with HMB Bolt & Monobloc Barrel design 5.56 NATO /223 Rem. See how this revolutionary designed barrel can meet AND exceed Military spec!
50% Layaway Available!
See Our NEW M2HB .50 Cal, Drop Holsters, Kneepads, Elbow Pads and Other Tactical Gear @ www.tacticalguruz.com
PLEASE READ! Current lead time is 9-days
Barrel: The DefenderM5 features HM patented MONOBLOC HBAR barrel with an integrally machined gas block. Chambered in 5.56 NATO/223 Rem, the 4150 Chromoly barrel is 16 inches in length, features a 1:8 twist ratio and a mid-length gas system. All HM Defense barrels are match grade, tripled honed and button rifled for superior accuracy.
Rail: The custom HM Defense 10 3/8” inch, free float 1913 Picatinny rail is CNC machined from 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum. The rail is compatible with Magpul M-LOK mounting system.
Lower receiver: The DefenderM5 features a Mil-Spec Forged 7075-16 Lower Receiver with Type Ill Class Il hard-coat black anodized finish.
Upper Receiver: DefenderM5 features a Mil-Spec Forged 7075-16 M4 Upper Receiver with Type Ill Class II hard-coat black anodized finish, M4 Feed Ramps, and a 1913 Picatinny rail flat top.
Components: HM Defense rifles include a M16 bolt carrier group with patented HMB bolt and Mil-Spec components, including the trigger & fire control group, charging handle and buffer tube/spring. Custom Trigger Guard, Monobloc Dust Cover, CNC Machined Muzzle Brake
End Plate: HM Defense rifles feature a custom Quick Disconnect (QD) end plate.
Furniture: Rifle features a black Mil-Spec HM stock and enhanced grip.
Magazine: A magazine is included with each rifle.
HM MONOBLOC Barrel:
• Gas block integrally machined as part of barrel
• Eliminates gas block installation and alignment
• Improved barrel harmonics for better accuracy
• Dependable performance in severe conditions
• Barrel: Available on DefenderM5, DefenderM5L, RaiderM5 (5.56 NATO/223 Rem) and AR-10 (308 WIN.) models, with a mid-length and rifle gas systems. All HM Defense barrels are match grade, tripled honed and button rifled for superior accuracy. Barrels are manufactured in 4150 Chromoly.
• Barrel Extension: All HM barrels feature Mil-Spec M4 feed ramps, properly installed and head spaced with gauges.
• Gas Block: The HM MONOBLOC gas block is machined from the solid barrel blank and is an integral part of the barrel.
• Barrel Length: HM MONOBLOC barrels are produced in 12.5 and 16 inch length with a threaded muzzle.
HMB Battle Ready HM Bolt
Existing Mil-Spec M16, & AR-15 bolts have a natural weak point where the cam pin hole passes through the bolt. Under extensive use, including the stress of combat, the bolt can fail at this critical location.
The HMB™ bolt by HM Defense eliminates the pass through cam pin hole and replaces it with a cam pin socket and tapered cam pin design. This new patented design eliminates the natural weak point of Mil-Spec bolts by significantly increasing the amount of metal (and strength) at the cam pin location. The result - No more broken bolts! HMB" bolt cross section
Additional benefits of the HMB design include the elimination of the cam pin hole staking, reduction in potential cam & firing pin contact and a smoother operation of the Bolt Carrier Group (BCG).
Best of all, the HMB™ is 100% compatible with Mil-Spec M16, & AR-15 BCGs and can be installed as a drop-in bolt replacement in any existing M16 or AR-15 rifle. Available on GuardianF5, DefenderM5, DefenderM5L and RaiderM5 Models.