Buying Firearms or Ammo Online
We are just as interested as you in making the process of buying a firearm or ammo online as safe as possible with a zero margin of error. This is why we treat this part of our business as “mission critical” and have back ups for our back ups in place to make sure our consumers not only receive what they purchase, but do so legally and without concern for any missteps.
What You Should Know
Know what you can get. Before you start looking, know what federal, state,and local regulations you need to observe.
On a federal level, you are legally eligible to buy any type of long gun, such as a rifle or shotgun, as long as you are over the age of 18 and are not a convicted felon. You are legally eligible to buy a handgun if you are over the age of 21 and are not a convicted felon.
State and local restrictions vary. You need to verify that there are no restrictions preventing you from buying or owning a gun within your city or state. For instance, some states do not permit anyone with a domestic violence conviction to own a gun even when this conviction is a misdemeanor. Others have restrictions on the type of gun you can own or buy, as is the case with Chicago's ban on handguns. Some municipalities, like Washington, D.C., prohibit the possession of guns within the municipality’s borders altogether.
Buy from a FFL holder. A professional firearms business will have a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL). This license permits the business to engage more thoroughly in the interstate and intrastate sale of firearms and related products.
We can help you select a local FFL dealer to ship the gun to. Under federal and state law, nobody can ship a gun directly to your home or business address. Instead, you will need to choose a nearby firearms dealer to ship the gun to, and the dealer must have a valid FFL. You will later need to pick up the gun from that dealer directly.
You should contact your local gun shop first before choosing that shop as your shipping destination. First of all, doing so establishes a relationship with that gun shop and may make the transaction easier overall. Some gun shop owners will not even handle the transfer of guns purchased on the Internet, so you need to check with the shop to make sure that it is okay to have your gun ship to them.
Secondly, doing so also allows you to find out about any state or local rules regarding the sale and ownership of guns in your area. Asking the local gun shop about such regulations is probably the simplest way to find out what these laws actually are.
Go through a background check. When you buy from an online FFL holder, you will need to agree to a background check to verify that you are legally allowed to own a gun. The FFL holder you are buying from will likely run this check.
If the FFL holder you are purchasing from does the background check, you will need to complete a telephone interview. It might take several hours to several days before you receive confirmation on whether or not you can make a purchase.
Alternatively, if you talk to the FFL dealer who the gun will be shipped to ahead of time, that dealer may run the check, instead. You will need to fill out paperwork and answer all questions about your identity and history as accurately as possible. You may need to wait several hours or days to find out if you are legally allowed to buy a gun.
Pick up the gun when the dealer notifies you. Once your gun arrives at the FFL dealer you had it shipped to, you should receive a phone call or other notification that your gun is ready for you to pick up. You will need to drive there and retrieve your purchase in person.
You will need to pick up your gun in person. You cannot have someone else get it for you.
How to Order a Firearm in Three Easy Steps:
Step 1 – SHOP
– Choose your firearm, add to your basket, and proceed to checkout.
Step 2 – CHECKOUT
– Choose an FFL from the drop down menu. It is wise to contact them first before checking out to make sure they will handle the transfer. After confirming they will handle the transfer, enter your payment info.
Step 3 – TRANSFER
– Take ownership of firearm from your local FFL.
How to Buy Ammo Online
- All ammunition will be shipped FedEx or UPS ground from our Merchants; no air freight allowed.
- Ammunition and firearms must be shipped separately.
- Always make sure you order the correct ammunition for your specific firearm.
- Those persons dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces.
- Federal law requires that you must be at least 18 years old to purchase shotgun and rifle ammunition, and 21 years or older to purchase handgun ammo.
- Check your state and local laws for any other restrictions before ordering.
- Ammo Shipping Restrictions: Our Merchants do not ship ammo to CA, IL, NY, NJ, MA, DC, CT, or P.O. Boxes.
- ALL SALES FINAL ON AMMO ORDERS: Cancellations and Returns are NOT Allowed
Everest's user interface lets you quickly browse by type, by seller, and even choose between new and used firearms. You can also use the search box to narrow your query further.
Once you find a firearm you like, you can add it to your shopping cart (or your wish list if you would like to purchase it later).
Transfers Require an FFL Dealer
The Merchants that use Everest cannot ship you a firearm directly, but they can ship one to licensed dealers, be it your local gun shop, range, or even pawn shop that holds a current FFL license.
- During checkout enter your shipping address and you will be presented with a list (and map) of FFL dealers near you to chose from.
- They will need to send (mail, fax, or email) a signed copy of their Federal Firearms License that includes your order number from Everest to the Merchant you purchased from.
- The dealer will alert you when your purchase arrives. In order to take your firearm home the FFL dealer will need to complete a background check. Please note that FFL dealers generally charge a fee for this service.
The payment for your product will all be done through Everest, however, the FFL dealer you choose to complete the transfer of your firearm maybe charge a fee for the service (this fee is generally $20-$50).
Upon delivery of the firearm to your dealer you will complete the necessary background check and be able to inspect the item. If there are any problems with the order please contact the merchant.
All transactions are made between the customer and merchant. Please note that it is your responsibility, as well as the Merchant's, to ensure you follow all local, state, and federal rules, regulations, and laws. Everest will not be held accountable if you obtain a firearm unlawfully.
Please remember that all sales on firearms are final. It is your responsibility to thoroughly inspect your purchase before you take it home. After the firearm has been transferred into your name you are the legal owner and cannot return it. If you do discover a defect that is covered by the warranty you will have to contact that manufacturer directly.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter to get exclusive deals right to your inbox.
Copyright Everest.com. All rights reserved
Disclaimer: Everest is a marketplace where sellers list their products for sale. Although your purchase is covered by buyer's protection, the quality, stability, and other specifications of the products on this platform are the sole responsibility of the merchant.